The largest exits in Aarhus 2021


Line Breckling

November 22, 2021

In 2021, upwards of 20 large exits were made by Aarhus-founded startups. We’ve gathered all exits on one extensive list, but first, let’s take a deep dive into the five largest (disclosed) exits of 2021.

DKK 2.4 billion Exit

2021’s largest Exit by an Aarhus startup was made in March when CrowdStrike acquired Humio for DKK 2.4 billion (around $400 million).

Humio was founded in 2016 by Geeta Schmidt, Christian Hvitved og Kresten Krab Thorup. The startup developed a logging tool that helps companies track their servers in real-time. The acquiring company is American CrowdSike, a company working within cyber security.

DKK 250 million Exit

In October, Delivery Hero acquired Aarhus-founded Hungry for DKK 250 million (around $400 million).

Hungry was founded by Morten Larsen in 2013 and grew to be a leading online food delivery marketplace in the Nordics. Delivery Hero is a Berlin, Germany-based food delivery platform.

DKK +100 million Exits

In January, Uzer acquired QuickPay and KCK acquired Radisurf both for an unspecified 3-digit million DKK amount.

QuickPay was founded in 2004 by Thomas Jensen. It is an online payment service and the acquirer, Unzer, is a German company managing international payment transactions.

RadiSurf was founded by Mikkel Kongsfelt as a spinout from Aarhus University in 2013. The investment from KCK enables RadiSurf to build the world’s first factory for the production of polymer brush coating agents in Aarhus – ready for global distribution. They are also planning on expanding to the US and Asia. Read our RadiSurf portrait here.

DKK 17 million Exit

Mindway AI was in January acquired by Better Collective for DKK 17 million () after they in 2019 invested 4 million in the startup.

With the new investment, Better Collective now holds 90% of the shares in Mindway AI, whereas the remaining 10% is held by Kim Mouridsen, Founder of Mindway AI and Professor at Aarhus University. Mindway AI was founded in Aarhus in 2018.

Other EXciting